CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO, September 18, 2012 – Fongo Inc., Canada’s fastest growing mobile telecommunications company, announced today the addition of texting and messaging to its popular free mobile calling service Dell Voice. Dell Voice is available for easy download on the Fongo website, the App StoreSM, Google Play and BlackBerry App WorldTM.
“Every day, tens of thousands of Canadians are using Fongo to call across the country for free,” said Dave Bullock, President of Fongo. “While many of our customers have reached out to thank us for free calling, they’ve also been asking us to help them reduce their messaging costs. They are the reason we’re adding free unlimited messaging to our service.”
Canadians locked into a carrier contract can save by downloading Dell Voice to their smartphone. In fact, non smartphone users may be able to justify the purchase of a smartphone based on the savings they will realize by eliminating messaging fees, local voice minutes, Canadian long distance minutes, and premium services fees. Dell Voice can also be added to an iPod touch or tablet, turning it into a mobile phone and messaging platform when in WiFi — an inexpensive option for pre-teens who do most of their texting and calling from home.
The Dell Voice free calling and messaging app is available for iPhone / iPod touch and Android and includes:
- A free local Canadian phone number so local contacts can call back without incurring long distance charges, even if they don’t use Dell Voice.
- Free Dell Voice to Dell Voice calls, no matter where people are calling from
- Support for 911 emergency calls, providing an additional option for reaching out in case of emergency.
- Free incoming calls from anywhere in the world.
- Free unlimited outgoing calls across Canada, covering 85% of the Canadian population! All calls to our Free Calling Cities are free, no matter where people are calling from.*
- Free unlimited Fongo Messaging to text any Fongo friends.
- Unlimited Text Messaging (SMS) to Canada for $1.99/month or to Canada & the US for $2.99/month to text all friends, even if they don’t use Dell Voice.
- Free premium features such as Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding so people can stop paying their mobile carrier for these expensive add-on features.
- The most competitive pay-as-you-go rates for worldwide calls, so people can call their loved ones without worrying about the cost.
Dell Voice has been downloaded by over 200,000 Canadians and has saved Fongo customers millions of expensive carrier voice minutes.
BlackBerry and Windows PC versions of Dell Voice are also available.
Free Your Friends (from expensive mobile phone bills) Contest
Fongo is encouraging students across Canada to free their friends from expensive mobile phone bills with Dell Voice, the first truly free mobile service in Canada. From now until October 12th, Fongo will be awarding $100 to one lucky Fongo Hero each week. On October 15th, 2012, the person who has freed the most friends will be declared the Ultimate Fongo Hero and win $1,000! For full details visit: freeyourfriends.fongo.com.
* It’s free to call and message with Fongo on WiFi. If users are not on WiFi, they will need a 3G/4G data plan and international roaming costs may apply. When travelling outside of Canada, users should call from a WiFi hotspot for truly free calls back to most of Canada.
Back to News and Press